Thursday, August 16, 2007

You're all invited!

So last night when I left the office to head to the restaurant, all I could think about was tonight. Thursday night. My weekday evening off. And I was pretty excited about it. One more day of work and then I would have an entire fifteen and a half hours before I had to be back again. The thought of those fifteen and a half hours is what generally carries me through my Wednesday nights, especially since by Wednesday I have already logged in forty hours of work and my old and highly abused body is plotting a coup.

"Body," I say, "if you will just bear with my one more evening and then one more day, I promise to reward you with rest. And Hostess cupcakes."

And my body generally calms down, calls off the resistance fighters, and helps me finish the work that will pay for the bed to rest in (and the Hostess cupcakes. Orange. Creamy middle).

But last night, when Body and I met at the negotiation table, I may have been lying. I don't believe I will be resting tonight. No, I will be going out. You see, I have been invited to a party. Oh, and not just any party - no. I have been invited to College Night at Tiki Bob's Cantina:


Yes, Ladies and Gentleman, I received this exclusive invitation yesterday. I, and the other 232 people whose cars were parked along Cary Street, received this Guest Pass for Free Cover at Tiki Bob's. Free Cover! Do you know what that means, people? I can walk right in to Tiki Bob's Polynesian beach oasis for nothing. No charge! So my seven dollar Corona, will only cost me seven dollars. And while I'm drinking my Corona, if the picture on my guest pass is any indication of the fabulous time to be had at Tiki Bob's (and why wouldn't it be?), I can take in the beautiful blue skies and matching blue waters lapping at the white sandy beach and I can hook up with hot bikini-clad chicks, who are no doubt going to be at College Night at Tiki Bob's Cantina in Downtown Richmond.


And here's the best part. You can come with me! Yes, one of my lucky readers is invited to join me for College Night. How is this possible? Well, my good friend CL, who passed along this invitation, was kind enough to give me not one, but two Guest Passes. That's right, bitches! Two Guest Passes. So not only can I get in for free, but I can bring a friend.




Wait. There's a problem.


The pass is for Tuesday.

Gotta work Tuesday. Damn. Guess I'll be sleeping tonight after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment