Thursday, April 10, 2008

Signs that I am clearly too invested in television and may quite possibly be delusional

This morning I read that Stanley Kamel, the actor who plays Dr. Charles Kroger on the tv series Monk, had died. If you haven’t ever seen the show, Dr. Kroger is the therapist to Adrian Monk (Tony Shalhoub), a private investigator suffering from a nearly debilitating case of obsessive compulsive disorder. My first reaction upon reading this news should have been a bit of sadness for Mr. Kamel and his family, or if I spent more time doing important things and less watching television, my first reaction should have been “Who?”

However, I am ashamed to report that the first thing that popped into my mind was how horrible it was going to be for Monk.

No, not for Tony Shalhoub. For Adrian Monk. The fictional television character.

2 comments:

  1. After reading the first sentence of this post, I thought, "Oh no, what's Monk going to do?" Then I thought about the show as a show and how sad it is for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one . . . Makes me feel a little better about my priorities.

    ReplyDelete