Monday, February 18, 2008

The other day at the bus stop

My son and I were waiting for the bus* downtown when a group of Boy Scouts and their parents crossed the street and walked toward us. It was cold outside, as it tends to be in the month of February, and the young boys in their neckerchieves were shivering. Mostly because the coats they weren't wearing were not staving off the cold. As the boys (some of them my son's age) and their parents moved past us and several of them complained to one another about the rather brisk wind, my son leaned toward me and muttered, "Isn't their motto 'Be prepared'?"

Everyone turned to see what lunatic was laughing so hard.

*Why were we waiting for the bus when I own a perfectly good car? In short, I am an idiot. Again. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment