Saturday, June 25, 2011

Freewrite

Had to step back and separate myself again. What I want. Who I am. What parts of myself am I willing to give a little on and what parts I can give nothing of.

 I could use an office chair. I so want to lean back right now but that would be bad for the chair I’m currently sitting in which used to be in my grandmother’s breakfast nook, now the height of fashion in those mini McMansions they sold everyone a few years back. We have given over so much of ourselves. So so very much. We are the science fiction novels and movies we grew up on. Want to talk to a friend? Video message them from your Android. Want a car that parks for you? Corrects your accidents-in-waiting? Guides you to your destination? How about a drink that substitutes as a meal? Or a pill? Or a pill that makes you happier, more sociable, or hornier?

A little off track as usual but I don't think I ever had one. Just free writing. Went walking in the woods again today. Not in the woods so much as on a guided, well-maintained nature trail through the woods around a small lake. I am free to do such things now. Free to do as I please. I have missed this. Have definitely missed me. Quit my job. It was way overdue. Don’t have anything lined up which is of course freaking others out, mostly because they don’t know how to live a different life than the one they are living now, where they’ve traded their souls for the modern-day comforts of  faster downloads and pleasantly sedated coworkers.

Digression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment