Monday, June 06, 2011

Mood Entry #2

I feel like a lion in a cage. Not even in a big zoo enclosure, but one of those circus cages they use wheel them out to center ring. And I'm sitting here, under the tent and the spotlight, all these screaming children and suburbanites staring down at me. All I can do is growl and roar, but when I do, I'm immediately cracked by a whip.  So I sit as quietly and still as possible in my tiny cage, making no sound for them to hear, suppressing the roar, repressing my natural instinct to bolt and rage and fight against my bars and the whip and the crowd. I cannot repress the energy. I cannot stop it from coming. I can only contain it as it consumes me from the insides out.  My body wants to pounce, but I maintain control. Some days it is too much - holding back the energy of a lion's attack from the inside out - I falter, and the lion wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment