Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday

I’ve recently decided to drop out of the capitalist market. Well, insomuch as I can. I awakened several years ago to the notion that the only way to resist government or markets or any other similarly constructed power scheme in which some humans are deemed worthier than others based on arbitrary status within the construct, the only way to really be free of them and not simply opposing them (thereby lending to their credibility as a power system) is non-participation.

Having said all of that, and also having become completely fed up with American Capitalism, I have decided to become a deadbeat.  I woke recently to the notion that I have spent thirty some years of my life waking on someone else’s schedule in pursuit of someone else’s dream.  Sometimes I pursued two or three at once in exchange for which my son and I (barely) had a place to stay and food to eat.  Who is to say I have another thirty some years to pursue my own dream? My own thoughts? My own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment