Monday, July 18, 2011

It'll Come Back

You asked me not to take blame. I've already been working on that. I'm always working on that. And it's okay, because at least I know my weakness. I have to face it head on. Always. Every single time without fail or I end up in a tailspin. But that's about me. And I already know about me, that I have a lot to learn about me, but I'm okay with that too. Again, about me.

I just want you to know that I also can't take credit. I won't take credit. I recognized you and saw who you were to become and I only wanted to be in your presence for the journey. I had no clue you would fall so hard for me.

ME? Come on?!

You were already headed toward your own enlightenment when I met you. I take that back, you were an enlightened soul working toward whatever the heaven or hell or karmic retribution it is we work toward once we recognize our own consciousness. I may have offered you companionship and support on your journey, but I never meant to keep either of us back nor do I take credit for you already being a determined, fierce, and talented woman.You have so much love to give. Just give it. It will come back to you. 

We both kicked ourselves for not encouraging each other enough, when what we both really needed was to just do it for ourselves. Encourage ourselves. I know who I am. I am working hard to preserve that person. I miss having that someone who knows it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment